|(1)||The net loss (profit) on disposal and derecognition of land, mineral rights, tangible assets and exploration properties includes amongst others the following: |
- on 1 August 2010, the sale of Tau Lekoa mine to Simmers & Jack Mines Limited was finalised, resulting in a loss on disposal of $7m, R41m;
- on 26 June 2009, AngloGold Ashanti Limited concluded the sale of its indirect 33.3% joint venture interest in the Boddington Gold Mine in Western Australia to Newmont Mining Corporation, resulting in a profit on disposal of $62m, R523m; and
- loss on disposal and derecognition of land, mineral rights, tangible assets and exploration properties amounted to $18m, R150m (2009: $13m, R102m).
|(2)||Indirect tax expenses and legal claims include the following:|
- provision for non-recovery of VAT and fuel duties in Tanzania and Guinea amounting to $13m, R95m (2009: $25m, R183m); and
- net provision for non-recovery of other indirect tax and legal claims of $4m, R30m (2009: $4m, R36m).
|(3)||Impairment of Corvus Gold Inc. shares of $2m, R16m (2009: nil).|
|(4)||The profit on disposal of investments includes the following:|
- on 9 November 2010, AngloGold Ashanti Limited disposed of its entire holding of 31,556,650 shares in Vancouver-based gold producer B2Gold Corp., resulting in a realised profit on disposal of $36m, R250m (2009: nil); and
- profit on disposal of minor investments amounted to $7m, R64m (2009: nil).